Sunday, May 16, 2010

Busy birthday week

It is simply amazing how busy life can be.  I have to admit that I haven't been taking my vitamins as I should be.  It has been almost a week since I last took my vitamins.  I feel much more alert and awake today than I have over the last week.

I decided to join in on the Biggest Loser's promotion of Pound for Pound challenge.  You pick a number of pounds you are going to pledge to lose.  For each pound you lose (up to your pledge amount I think), they will donate one pound of food to your local Food Bank!  NO COST TO YOU!  I think it's a fabulous idea.  I lose the weight I need to, and for each pound I lose, the food bank gets one pound of food to give to a hungry family in my area. Make your pledge for free!

I am sitting home today working on homework while my son plays with his toys and my boyfriend plays on the computer.  My girls have been with their dad this weekend so it has been pretty quiet around here.  The three of us hiked up near Multnomah Falls yesterday.  My boyfriend carried my son in the infant carrier backpack and I carried the backpack with our snacks, waters, and sweaters.  His back is sore and his legs are tired today, yet I am fine. :)  I stretched during our walk (after my muscles had time to warm up) and I stretched after we got home (after my muscles had time to cool down).  I'm not sure if he is sore because he had the extra 25 pounds on his back (my son) or if it is because he didn't stretch before/during/after.  Maybe I will convince him to stretch next time and we will find out.

Anyways, this week is destined to be pretty busy towards the end.  My oldest is going on a picnic with her daycare's kindergarten class as an end of the year treat.  Since they are going the day before her birthday I offered to have her bring cupcakes for snack.  Then she will be bringing cupcakes the next day to her school kindergarten class.  Two days later will be her birthday party.  We are having her party at OMSI this year.

No comments: