Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back on the Wagon!

Wow, has it really been 7 months since I last made a blog post? Well, here goes. My journal of my journey to that healthier me with the help of a good 'diet' (not dieting, but healthy eating), regular exercise, strength training, and nutritional supplements from AdvoCare. Plus support from my friends and family this time around.

I've gone through my cupboards (well, really I let them go bare and only bought good for you food) and most of the garbage snacking foods are gone. All I have left are puddings (fat free) and snack size bags of chips intended for my very active daughter's lunches.

So how exactly am I going to get healthy? Well, I've set a few goals that I'm working towards right now to establish some good habits that are going to help me.
  1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water each and every day.
  2. Eat eggs, tuna fish, chicken, nuts, and peanut butter for my proteins.
  3. Eat at least 2 servings each of fruits and vegetables every day (to be increased after I reach this goal).
  4. Do my personalized 18 minute workout (strength training) from the 6-week body makeover (which worked the last time around, I just didn't stick with it). 
  5. Get at least 10 minutes of aerobic exercise every day.
  6. Be consistent with my AdvoCare supplements.
  7. Track my food and exercise on www.SparkPeople.com. (view my profile)
  8. Weight and measure myself (at the same time of day wearing the same clothes) every Thursday.
Okay, so what started this new fire to finally get rid of this fat suit? I turned 30 on Monday. I have decided enough is enough. It's time for me to get serious. My kids need me and I want to be around to at least meet my great grandbabies. I started AdvoCare's 10 Day Herbal Cleanse on Tuesday (also the day I re-started the journey) and I am still going strong! I just know this time around I will finally break the bad health habits and the good health habits will stick. My kids deserve better than what I'm doing to myself. They deserve a mom who is actually involved in their life instead of always being depressed and wanting to be alone.

I probably won't post every day. I work from home now and tracking my nutrition and exercise on SparkPeople (referred to as SP from here on out) will take up enough of my computer time. As it is, I started this post about 7:00am this morning. We'll see when it actually gets posted, lol.

Okay, enough babbling on I guess. My plan for today: eat healthy, eat often, drink lots of water, do my strength training and aerobic exercise, play with my kids, do some housework, go to the store to pick up more fruits and veggies. Suggestions on sites with healthy recipes are openly welcomed! :D

God Bless!

No comments: