Saturday, March 19, 2011

Confusing Calorie Burning

I didn't do well at tracking my food this past week and I honestly only exercised on Monday (although it was an amazing day of exercising!). I am excited to say that I still lost 2 pounds and 2 1/2 inches! I didn't eat very well either (compared to how well I was eating on the cleanse). So now that I've had a week off (thanks to my not so favorite visitor, I really dislike when she so rudely shows up unannounced), I'm back and on track! The sun decided to grace us this morning (even though it was quite chilly) so Eli and I went for a walk.

We went on the same walk as we did the other day but without Desi along with us (the girls are at their dad's house this weekend), I could make my own pace. What took Desi and I nearly an hour, took me 40 minutes. According to the calorie estimator on SparkPeople, I burned LESS calories in 40 minutes (even though I worked much harder and actually sweat this time) than I did walking for nearly an hour! How does that work? I don't understand.

Anyways, I'm off to put my son down for a nap and then I think I'll pull out my cello for a bit. Did you know that (according to SparkPeople) you can burn 343 calories by "Playing an Instrument" for an hour? I'm in! Burning calories AND releasing stress? WOOT! Sounds like my kinda exercise! :D

God Bless!

No comments: