Friday, March 4, 2011

New Mission in Life!

Well, I've come up with a new mission in life :) One that is healthy for not only myself but my family as well. Here goes:
Mission in Life: Pursue Christ; love my family & friends; teach my children to be God fearing, caring, and respectful adults; make healthy lifestyle choices.
As for how I did yesterday with healthy choices? I did okay. I learned some more foods I need to eliminate from my menu (Rice a Roni = tons and tons of empty calories!). And I was pretty unmotivated to move out of this chair to do housework/exercise. I didn't sleep well at all Wednesday night so my body was pretty tired even though my mind was wide awake.

I weighed in today though! :) 3 pounds and 5 inches in 3 days! What have I been doing? Watching portion size, not eating garbage snacks, drinking more water, 10 minutes of strength training (I only did this yesterday), using AdvoCare's Herbal Cleanse as directed. Are these typical results? YES! The average lost during the 24 Day Challenge (the first 10 days is the cleanse) is 10 pounds AND 10 inches!

What have I been eating? Check out my SparkPeople food log and don't pay attention to the fitness tracker, I think it's bugged. I did track housework though because I worked harder than I normally do on Wednesday. The extent of my activity since Tuesday morning: light housework Tuesday, 'heavy' housework Wednesday, and 10 solid minutes of Strength Training on Wednesday.

Okay, I'm off to do my strength training and then run errands with my two youngest kiddos. Take care of yourselves! God Bless

No comments: