Sunday, March 13, 2011

Splurge

Well, I had a huge success when I weighed in Friday morning. I'm not sure what went on emotionally with me the rest of the day. I was ecstatic and I wanted to scream it to the world. Then I just plummeted. I have a history of depression and I haven't taken my vitamin that helps to stabilize those hormones in a couple of days, I'm hoping that's what the problem is.

Yesterday was a very enjoyable day. Aaron decided we should go to the craft store and get some supplies to do a craft. I had already told Larabelle I would make pancakes that morning so we got the dishes under control and made pancakes together. We put dried blueberries into the batter and instead of using syrup we cooked some peaches and used them to top our pancakes. YUMMY! :)  We had some scrambled eggs as well.

After breakfast we headed out and got some much needed craft supplies and a couple extras for our special craft (have I mentioned lately that I have the best boyfriend ever?), our family is a huge huge huge fan of arts, crafts, and music. Well, really anything that requires creativity we are fans of! Which is why we don't miss our TV. When the kids really want to watch a movie we pop a DVD into the computer or find a movie on Netflix.

I digress. After the craft store, we went to Learning Palace because Michaels didn't have the craft book I was looking for nor did they have the color of construction paper we needed. Then, Aaron treated us to sandwiches at Quiznos! Yum :) It's been many years since I've been there. Now I remember exactly why, lol....it's hard to not choose something entirely wrong for you but oh so gooey and yummy, lol. I splurged and had a Turkey, Bacon, and cheese sandwich. I paid for it later though, my poor tummy is not used to eating garbage anymore and boy was it mad at me.

I'm back on track today though. I started my day out with a Yoplait Smoothie made with Vanilla Soy milk (instead of fat free cow's milk) and a couple scoops of AdvoCare's Muscle Gain to balance out all the carbs with some much needed protein. For lunch I made the kids some noodles with low fat cheddar, cream of mushroom soup, and tuna fish with a big helping of steamed veggies on the side. I had some of the mac'n'cheese and some veggies as well plus a hard boiled egg.

For snack I was really wanting a salad (I just got a bunch of super yummy veggies Friday) but I was feeling lazy and I didn't want to make it so who volunteers? Yep! My super awesome and totally amazing boyfriend (I love him). Iceburg lettuce, tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers! :D I've had two bowls for snack and I'm stuffed. Now for my multi-vitamin and Clear Mood* for my depression. Let's see if I can sneak in a few minutes of pilates before the younger kids wake up from nap.

Crossing my fingers :)
~Steph

*Sorry, Clear Mood is no longer available, it has been replaced with Amplify A.T. which happens to be on sale right now saving you $12 on two bottles!

No comments: