Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Here we gooooooo!!!!

So now that things have semi-settled around here it's time to get serious again. Enough moping around the house feeling sorry for myself. Time to get moving again!

I had originally planned on starting back up yesterday but chose to enjoy a rare day off with my family. My boyfriend usually works Monday through Friday and then I work Saturday and Sunday so it is rare these days for us to actually get to spend a day together with no commitments. It was a nice lazy day.

Today is a new day. Day 1 to my new journey to health and fitness. I've decided to take part in a new challenge presented by SparkPeople called the Spring into Shape Bootcamp Challenge. It is a four week challenge so that will last me through the end of June. I've also decided to join a challenge presented by the group 30 Somethings With 100+ Pounds to Lose called the Biggest Loser Challenge that starts June 13th and goes for ten weeks.

The workout video provided for Day 1 in the Bootcamp Challenge was awesome!!! A 10-minute cardio kickboxing video that, to be honest, kicked my butt! Great workout though! Perfect for a quick cardio blast when you are pressed for time, or if you just can't make it (physically) through the long 30-60 minute cardio workouts yet (like me). I think I will end up doing this one often. You can find it on YouTube also! Just search "SparkPeople" and a wealth of exercise videos come up!

No comments: