Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Weigh-In

This week wasn't a weight loss week either. With my shoulder hurting so badly I haven't taken the time to prepare healthy meals and I haven't been able to exercise. Plus, I've been in so much pain that I ended up going to the ER Thursday night. Verdict? Tendonitis in my shoulder with a calcium deposit on it. I guess calcium deposits are your body's way of trying to fix inflammation. Well body, it didn't work! You only made the problem worse! So I was ordered to take it easy and given pain meds. Sunday rolled around and I was still in pain and almost out of meds so I went to the Urgent Care clinic. This time the Dr. told me to NOT have my arm in the sling the ER gave me all the time because my shoulder could freeze up. He gave me a new prescription for pain meds, a list of exercises to do for my shoulder (none of which really burn calories, just work on the shoulder muscles to help relax them), a prescription for a better anti-inflammatory (because advil wasn't helping), and ordered me to see an Osteopathic doctor :(

I had fully intended to make an appointment with the Dr the ER referred me to (the on-call dr) but yesterday and today my arm is actually feeling better! I still can't use it fully but it is soooooo much better than it was. And no, that isn't the Vicadin talking.

Last week I jumped the gun a little bit and went online to get a 7 day pass for 24 hour fitness because I got the green light from my hunny to get a membership if I could find one for $20 a month that is open during non-traditional business hours. The pass had to be redeemed by today or it expired so I decided last night I would go check out the gym. I had intended to walk on the treadmill for an hour and a half, but my shoulder had other plans. I almost made it to an hour, but I couldn't get the last 4 minutes in. My shoulder started to bug me and I didn't want to risk injuring it further so I stopped and called it good. I plan on going again every night this week to walk on the treadmill.

So... since I haven't been eating the best AND have pretty much been sedentary and planted on the couch since Friday, it isn't a surprise that I've gained weight since my last weigh in. Official poundage this week? 224.2

I also haven't been wearing my BodyBugg because I have to hold my arm out at a weird angle (well, weird for an injured shoulder) to get it on. I did wear it last night during my workout though so we'll see how accurate the calorie counter on the treadmill was. According to the treadmill I burned about 400 calories.

I also haven't been doing my 100 Days Challenge because I haven't been able to sit at the computer and type very much. I am surprised that my shoulder has lasted long enough for me to type this up. It probably helps that I'm laying on the couch with my laptop on my lap though :)

Okay, enough work for my shoulder. It's starting to complain.
Stay safe, listen to your body, and take care!
God Bless!

No comments: